Ergonomics Trained Person (ETP) Course for Initial Ergonomics Risk Assessment
- Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) had released the first version of a new guidelines called Guidelines on Ergonomics Risks Assessment at Workplaces. The purpose of this guidelines to provide a systematic plan and an objective approach in identifying, assessing and controlling ergonomics risk factors associated with work task and activities in the workplaces.
- As mentioned in the guidelines, the person authorised to conduct the ergonomics risk assessment is a “Trained Person” who has undergone the required training modules. This workshop is an approved Ergonomics Trained Person Course for Initial ERA and the contents fulfil the requirement as mentioned in the guidelines.
Aim for The Workshop
- This TWO (2) days workshop is designed to enhance the knowledge of the participants in driving improvement in OSH performance industry specifically in the area of ergonomics.
- This workshop intended to expose the participants to the practical applications of the Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment at Workplaces in industries. For this workshop, the focused is on how to conduct Initial Ergonomics Risk Assessment.
- On Day 1, the focus will on understanding of the guidelines in general. On the other hand, on Day 2, in-class practical session on application of this guidelines will be held by using video case studies.
- Describe the Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment at Workplace 2017
- Understand the purpose and the benefits of the guidelines
- Apply a systematic plan and an objective approach in identifying, assessing and controlling ergonomics risk factors in the workplaces
- Write Initial Ergonomics Risk Assessment report
- Plan and Conduct Initial Ergonomics Risk Assessment
- Sharpen individual Speaking & Presentation skills
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Ergonomics Risk Factors, Principles of Ergonomics &
Risk of Injuries
- Provision of Safety & Health Act on Ergonomics
- Introduction to Guidelines ERA
Planning and Conducting ERA
- Ergonomics Control Measure
- Conducting Musculoskelatal Assessment
- Conducting Ergonomcis Risk Factors Assessment
- Initial ERA Results & Reports
- Group Discussion – Case Study on Initial ERA
- Group Discussion Continue
- Group Presentation
- Initial ERA Report
Who Should Attend?
- Safety and Health Officers
- OSH Managers
- OSH Executives and Engineers
- Occupational Health Doctors
- Occupational Nurse
- Other OSH Practitioners
- Others (anyone involves/interested in OSH &
Overview of Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment(ERA) at Workplaces 2017
Issues in the Workplaces
Planning, Conducting and Reporting Ergonomics Risk
Practical Session on Conducting Ergonomics Risk Assessment
and Q & A
2 Days Classroom Training includes;
- Training Course Materials
- Lunch and Refreshments