Ergonomics Trained Person (ETP) Course for Advanced Ergonomics Risk Assessment
- Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH) had released the first version of new guidelines called Guidelines on Ergonomics Risks Assessment at Workplaces. The purpose of these guidelines to provide a systematic plan and an objective approach in identifying, assessing and controlling ergonomics risk factors associated with a work task and activities in the workplaces.
- As mentioned in the guidelines, the person authorized to conduct the ergonomics risk assessment is a “Trained Person” who has undergone the required training modules. This workshop is an approved Ergonomics Trained Person Course for Initial ERA and the contents fulfill the requirement as mentioned in the guidelines.
Aim for The Workshop
- This THREE (3) days workshop is designed to enhance the knowledge of the participants in driving improvement in the OSH performance industry specifically in the area of ergonomics.
- This workshop intended to expose the participants to the practical applications of the Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment at
Workplaces in industries. For this workshop, the focus is on how to conduct an Advanced Ergonomics Risk Assessment.
- This workshop focus on how to correctly use ergonomics risk assessment tools to assess particular ergonomics issue. It includes an in-class practical session on applying these ergonomics risk assessment tools by using video case studies.
- Describe the Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment at Workplace 2017
- Understand the purpose and the benefits of the guidelines
- Apply a systematic plan and an objective approach in identifying, assessing, and controlling ergonomics risk factors in the workplaces
- Assess ergonomics risk by using suitable ergonomics risk assessment tools
- Plan and Conduct Advanced Ergonomics Risk Assessment
Write Advanced Ergonomics Risk Assessment report
- Overview of Guidelines on Ergonomics Risk Assessment at Workplace 207
- Revision of Initial ERA – Body Symptom Survey (Nordic Cornell) Initial ERA Checklist
- Assessing Postures – RULA & REBA
- Assessing Repetitive Task / Manual Task – ART Tool
- Assessing Repetitive Task / Manual Task Continue
- Assessing Forceful Exertion – MAC Tool, RAPP
- Assessing Forceful Exertion Continue
- Assessing Workstation Configuration (ROSA,Anthropometry)
- Assessing Workstation Configuration Continue
- Introduction to Assessing Vibration and Environmental Factors
- Ergonomics Control Measure
- Advanced ERA Report
- Group Activity / Discussion -Conducting Advanced ERA
- Group Activity / Discussion Continue
- Group Presentation
- Summary and Closing
Who should attend?
- Safety and Health Officers
- OSH Managers
- OSH Executives and Engineers
- Occupational Health Doctors
- Occupational Nurse
- Other OSH Practitioners
- Others (anyone involves/interested in OSH &
Issues in the Workplaces
Planning, Conducting, and Reporting Advanced Ergonomics Risk
Practical Session on Conducting Advanced Ergonomics Risk Assessment
Assessing Ergonomics Risk Using RULA, REBA, ART, MAC, RAPP, ROSA, and assessing ANTHROPOMETRY mismatch
and Q & A
2 Days Classroom Training includes;
- Training Course Materials
- Lunch and Refreshments