WHAT IS NOISE RISK ASSESSMENT (NRA)?
The OSH Noise Exposure Regulations 2019 instructs that all companies must conduct Noise Monitoring in order to reduce noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) among company employees. Noise Risk Assessment is performed to help identify sources of noise risks and how they affect employees. Key findings from the assessment are then evaluated and used to develop preventive measures or corrective actions to protect workers from long-term adverse effects associated with noise exposure.
Scope of Work
- Area Noise Monitoring / Mapping – To map work area into different noise zones & to identify and confirm the noise sources, level & type of noise created at the selected locations/areas.
- Personal Noise Monitoring (8 Hours) – To assess personal noise exposure on selected personal working at the following high noise area for 8 hours. One personal noise monitoring at each high noise area
- Recommendation to reduce Noise – To recommend management on the appropriate measures to be taken in any event the result recorded exceeded the action level and permissible level.
What is the benefits of conducting the Noise Risk Assessment (NRA)?
Occupational Safety and Health (Noise Exposure) Regulations 2019;
- Sub Regulation 3(1) Employer shall identify whether his employee may be exposed to excessive noise in the place of work in the manner as determine by DG
- Noise Risk Assessor Appointed by the employer must be Registered with Director General (DG) and Posses valid Noise Risk Assessor certificate by DG
Noise Risk Assessment (NRA), Noise Monitoring, Personal Noise, Noise Mapping
DOSH Registered Noise Risk Assessor
Location offered: West Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Penang, Kedah, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Melaka, Johor, Sabah, Sarawak, Kuching, Miri, Bintulu
Location offered: East Malaysia
Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Tawau, Lahad Datu, Sarawak, Kuching, Sibu, Miri, Bintulu
14 to 30 Days after assessment