Manual Handling Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
Manual Handling Training is developed to ensure all workers are aware of and able to apply the knowledge and the right techniques of manual handlings into their day-to-day operation. The training module is aligned with current rules, regulations and guidelines set by Department Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH). Manual handling is a physical activity revolves around lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load. Wrong techniques of manual handling will cause injuries and serious implications to the injured person and the employers. As an example, twisting and bending together while handling load may cause stress on the spine, leading to back injury. Therefore, having the right knowledge and techniques is important to minimize the injury and risks.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Gain knowledge and techniques related to Manual Handling
• Identify risks present in the work tasks.
• Understand and implement the right techniques in handling load
• Understand the laws applying to manual handling and risk prevention
• Fundamentals of Manual Handling
• Hazard Identification and Control Measures of Manual Handling
• Techniques of Manual Handling
• Health effects associated with Manual Handling
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Workers who tasks involved with Manual Handling