Forklift Safety Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
Forklift truck is considered as a highly powered vehicle that is designed to arrange, lift and transfer goods which most of it are heavy, costly and dangerous. Forklift truck drivers, neglecting safety regulations and the safe working procedures while less mental preparation has been recognized as the main cause of accident which results to injuries, loss of life and lost of properties.
The program provides a general understanding on Forklift truck safety operation, laws, guidelines and the appropriate truck management system.
This Forklift Safety Training is designed carefully with initiative to increase the awareness of forklift truck drivers on aspects pertaining to personal safety, surrounding people and the properties while operating the vehicle. This module will indirectly increase the skill, competency and mental preparation of the forklift truck drivers.
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
• Identify cause and effect of accident and sensitiveness about safety.
• Identify character and the functions of forklift truck components.
• Carry out daily inspection, safety, performance and preventive maintenance to reduce forklift truck repair cost.
• Drive forklift truck in a safe, cautious and efficient manners.
• Be responsive on the safe operating procedures and contribute to his safety, surrounding people as well as prevent property damage.
• Identify and avoid risks by operating the forklift truck safely and prevent dangerous occurences.
• Safety at Workplace
• Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994
• Forklift Truck Components
• Video session
• Truck Stability and COG – Center of Gravity
• Danger Anticipation
• Practical Session
• Daily Pre Start Inspection
• Understanding Gears and Operation Controls
• Truck Handling and Steering controls
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Forklift truck -regular drivers (male / female)
• Forklift truck -occasional drivers
• Lorry cum forklift Truck drivers
• Warehouse supervisors
• Maintenance crew members.
• Production Workers (occasional truck drivers)