Happy Retirement to YBhg. Ir. Hj Omar bin Mat Piah, Director General, Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Malaysia. He retired on 26th of October 2020.
About Ir. Hj. Omar b. Mat Piah
- Appointed as the DOSH Director General effective from 9 April 2018 until 26th October 2020.
- A graduate with a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Malaya in 1985
- Later, he graduated with a Master of Industrial Safety Management, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 2005
- Joined Civil Service as a Factory and Machinery Inspector in 1985.
- Worked in Petroleum Safety Department, Major Hazard Department and DOSH Headquarters before appointed as DOSH Director General.
- Was a Deputy Director General (Occupational Safety) before appointed as DOSH Director General.
- Played a role in preparation of Occupational Safety and Health (Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Regulations 1996.
May your retirement be filled with relaxing new chapter ahead. We would like to wish you the best on your life after the retirement!
HSE Insights, Issue 4, November 2020