Ergonomics and Manual Handling Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
The 2 days training on Basic Ergonomics Awareness and Manual Handling for workers will be conducted to ensure that the workers have the knowledge on ergonomics and manual handling and apply them into their day-to-day operation. The training module is aligned with current rules, regulations and guidelines set by Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH). The trainer or ergonomist will perform site visit to establish customized training on specific area knowledge to the workers.
Participants will learn how work can be made safe, more comfortable and productive by understanding the human factors present in work tasks, communication and planning. Body sizing, human strength, the limitations of the senses, and strain injury avoidance are all addressed in the training.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Set up their workplace, seating and posturing to be ergonomically sound
- Understand various elements of a good ergonomic work setting
- Identify risks present in the environment and work tasks
- Understand and implement risk avoidance practices
- Understand the laws applying to manual handling and risk prevention
- Pre-Test to gauge individual knowledge in ergonomics.
- Introduction & definition of Ergonomics.
- Main workplace ergonomics concerns.
- Health effects due to poor practice of ergonomics.
- Sharing the experiences and discuss on the issues on how to prevent the injuries.
- Practical ways to avoid pain & discomfort.
- MSDs risk factors in Manual Handling.
- Impact on wrong ergonomics application at workplace
- Pushing, Pulling, Carrying, Lifting, Lowering in Manual Handling
- How to perform Self-Assessment at Workplace
- Post Test & Feedback Session
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All workers involved in Manual Handling tasks including lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying techniques