Tower Crane Awareness Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
Construction of high rises building is impossible without hoisting machinery such as tower crane which is important in alleviating construction activity and capacity. The Tower Crane Awareness Training is designed to define the work practices and the inspection procedures to help ensure that the operators of the tower cranes are protected from potential hazards associated with the movement of equipment and material. Operation and safety practices of tower crane operation need to comply with legal requirements under OSHA 1994 and Factories and Machinery Act 1967.
The operation of cranes and lifting gear must be carried out by trained and certified person and approved equipment. If not, there is a high potential for injury or accident. Therefore, before operation, the equipment, its location, the set up and its usage must be examined.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Understand and gain knowledge on fundamentals of safe work practices and procedures in operating tower crane.
- Identify hazards associated with the movement and usage of the cranes.
- Operate tower cranes safely with strong awareness and fundamental knowledge.
- Overview of Tower Crane Operations and Safety
- OSHA 1994 & FMA 1967 – Legislation for Crane Operations
- Basic Safety Crane Operations
- Basic Lifting Equipment
- Hand Signal & Communication
- Operations and Handling
- Good Lifting Technique
- Safety Devices and Features
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All employees whose work involving tower crane such as safety officer, site safety supervisors, site engineers, safety committee members and operators.