Safety Supervisor Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
This training provides a brief overview of the legislation and introduce participants to fundamentals of good safety and health practices in the workplace. Safety in the workplace is everyone’s responsibility. This responsibility means being aware of the risks and hazards such as fire hazards and ergonomics in the workplace and being familiar with the methods for controlling them.
Successful completion of the program will enhance the skills and knowledge of participants and enable them to:-
• Find applicable OH&S legislation
• Know your health and safety responsibilities
• Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
• Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
• Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
• Understand consequences of non-compliance
• Safety principles and risk management
• Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
• Hazard recognition and control measures
• Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
• Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
• Ergonomics — practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
• Workplace inspection and accident investigation
• Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Site Safety Supervisor.
• Site Foreman / Supervisor.
• Any interested parties.