Permit-To-Work System Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
A Permit To Work (PTW) System ensures that formal validation and authority is given when hazardous work is to be undertaken. It ensures that all components of a safe system of work are established before high risk work commences, thereby controlling and reducing risk to the individuals and the organization.
Employers must ensure that Permit To Work documentation is completed correctly and that employees undertaking hazardous activities are competent to do so safely. Permit To Work System Training is crucial to work safely when involved in high-risk activities.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the necessity for Permit To Work including high risk activities
- Identify the function and role of a Permit To Work within the overall risk control framework
- Identify the typical contents of a Permit To Work
- Gain knowledge on the procedure for issuing a Permit To Work
- Recognize the cessation and termination of a permit
- Recognize the responsibilities of the issuer and receiver of the permit
- Identify potential difficulties and solutions with the Permit To Work system
- Legal responsibilities
- An introduction to the legal system including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and relevant regulations.
- Permit To Work (PTW) key players
- An examination of the relationship between those issuing permits and those working under PTW.
- PTW documentation
- A general appraisal on the formwork used during PTW and the importance of an integrated approach to PTW use.
- Practical application of PTW
- A practical session including the filling in, signing and completion of PTW.
- Q&A Session
- A short session to cover any outstanding issues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Site Managers
- Project Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance Personnel
- Contract Managers
- Operational Staff