Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) Safety Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) Training is developed to prevent injury and minimize property damage through accidents involving operating, handling and maintenance of the MEWP such as skylift and scissor lift. Fatalities occur especially during the operation of sky lift and scissor lifts because workers were poorly trained, did not adhere to safety procedures, were driving poorly maintained vehicles, or were operating during inclement weather. This training is designed for drivers, workers, and supervisors, emphasizing hazard identification and safe work practices that apply to all sky lift and scissor lift operators.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
• Understand on the training requirements for performing work on and while operating the MEWP.
• Understand the general structural requirements for MEWP.
• Understand the safe work practices in working with MEWP.
• Objective of program
• Understanding on OSHA regulations
• Required and recommended review of “fall arrest”
• Pre-shift equipment inspection and work area inspections prior to use of the lift.
• Examining all site-specific hazards and controls for safe operation of a man-lift.
• Examining all equipment requirements such as load capabilities & safety decals.
• Reviewing important fundamentals for safe operation of scissor lifts, such as operating on level surfaces, operation within capacity limitations, minimum safe approach distances to live electrical transmission lines, weather considerations when operating outside, etc.
• Complete a pre-shift check of the aerial platform that covers inspection
• Inspection and Use of fall arrest equipment.
• Operation of the lift including driving, positioning and elevating the platform
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• All forklift operators in workplace