Mobile Crane Awareness
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Mobile Crane Awareness Training is designed to define the work practices and the inspection procedures to help ensure that the operators of the mobile cranes are protected from potential hazards associated with the movement of equipment and material. Operation and safety practices of mobile crane operation need to comply with legal requirements under OSHA 1994 and Factories and Machinery Act 1967.
The operation of cranes and lifting gear must be carried out by trained and certified person and approved equipment. If not, there is a high potential for injury or accident. Therefore, before operation, the equipment, its location, the set up and its usage must be examined.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
• Understand and gain knowlege on fundamentals of safe work practices and procedures in operating mobile crane.
• Identify hazards associated with the movement and usage of the cranes.
• Operate mobile cranes safely with strong awareness and fundamental knowledges.
• Overview of Mobile Crane Operations and Safety
• OSHA 1994 & FMA 1967 – Legislation for Crane Operations
• Basic Safety Crane Operations
• Basic Lifting Equipments
• Hand Signal & Communication
• Rope & Knot
• Good Lifting Technique
• Basic Crane Inspection Checklist
• Rope & Knot Assessment
• Rigging & Signaling Assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All employees whose work involving mobile crane such as safety officer, site safety supervisors, site engineers and safety committee members.