Hazard Identification Risk Assessment & Determining Control (HIRADC) Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
A critical element of Occupational Safety & Health Management System (OSHMS) is the ability to identify hazards and to evaluate and control your risk. Getting this element right can make the difference not only in assuring your safety levels but also to assist you make sound business decisions based on an increased understanding of your corporate exposure to risk.
This course will help you to start on ensuring compliance to Malaysia’s Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Law as well as the international Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard – OHSAS 18001.
The fundamental requirement to a safe workplace is to have a credible occupational health and safety risk assessment process. Occupational health and safety risk assessment output provides the reasons for all the operational controls needed to prevent incident.
Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control (HIRARC) process is the core process for occupational health and safety risk management. An organization needs to identify risks through the process of finding, recognizing and describing the risks that are present in the workplace. This will lead to risk analysis and risk evaluation before any risk treatment can be instituted to reach an acceptable or tolerable risk level. In line with the organization approach of preventive measures as a way of enforcing the law on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH), it seems that Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment and Determining Control (HIRADC) has become extremely important. With HIRADC one will be able to identify hazard, analyze and assess its associated risk and then apply the suitable control measures.
To achieve success in health and safety management, there needs to be effective HIRADC communication up, down and across the organization. As an OSH practitioners, you will need to be equipped with the relevant skills and knowledge to meet different challenges in your career. Organizations need to execute HIRADC communicate information to their workers on the risk to their health and safety identified in their risk assessments, and the preventive and protective measures necessary to control risk.
Those who have already carried out risk assessment in their work, have reported positive changes in their working practice, they recognize substandard act and working condition as they develop and take necessary corrective action. Legislation requires that this process should be systematic and be recorded so that the results are reliable and the analysis complete. The risk assessment process should be continuous and should not be regarded as a one-off exercise.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
• Understand different types of hazards that presence in the workplace
• Learn how to effectively identify hazards in the workplace
• Understand the main occupational hazard groups and the health risks that certain workplace hazard pose
• Evaluate the risks associated with the identified hazards and make recommendations on eliminating or reducing the risks of these hazards
• Determine the appropriate hazards control measures and assess the effectiveness of the control measures taken
• Appreciate the importance of hazards identification process as a means to avoid accidents in the workplace
• Overview of Occupational Health and Safety Management System
• HIRADC- Definition and Concept
• Process of HIRADC
• Hazard Identification Tools
• Types of hazards and risk assesment
• Analyse and evaluation of risk
• Determining control and practical workshop
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Operation / Production / Purchasing Managers and Executives
• Management / Human Resources Managers and Executives
• Engineers and Technicians
• Safety and Health Officers
• Safety and Health Committee / Leaders
• Supervisors or Union Representatives