Basic Occupational First Aid Training
During an emergency, first-aid is performed within the first few minutes after an accident or illness occur. It will determine the life of the injured or ill worker through assessment and interventions before the arrival of medical personnel. Besides saving lives, first-aid is essential in preventing further complications from injury and pain as well as in promoting recovery.
The two (2) day training on Basic Occupational First-Aid will emphasize on the emergency procedures that can be performed immediately if there is any accident or injury towards a worker or member of the public within the vicinity of the workplace. This course is structured to provide hands-on training with plenty of practical sessions and life-like mock cases to expose participants to emergency scenarios.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of First aid and its implementation.
• The rationale, objectives and benefits of First aid.
• Understand the elements of an effective first aid and CPR.
• How to prevent accidents, work hazards and deal with accidents.
• Work towards a healthier and safer working environment.
• Basic Life Support
• The Chain of Survival
• Emergency Action Principles
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Choking)
• Bleeding and Wounds
• Medical Shock
• Burns and Scalds
• Fracture and Muscular Injuries
• Spinal Injuries
• Scene Management and Patient Assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Workplace First-Aider
• Emergency Response Team (ERT)
• Safety Managers and Personnel
• Security Managers and Personnel
• Safety and Health Committee Members
• Production/Line Managers
• All levels of workers and interested individuals