Basic Defensive Driving Training Course (Light Vehicle)
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Basic Defensive Driving Training Course is designed to provide the trainees with the necessary skills and knowledge, to enable them to manage and maneuver vehicle safely. The trainees will also be taught of the proper and comprehensive Vehicle Maintenance procedures and protocols.
The aim of this course is to improve knowledge and skills in safe operation of vehicle in a variety of hazardous conditions and all-weather situations in regional and remote Malaysia. Poor driving habits in a vehicle can increase your maintenance costs and the consequences can be expensive or life threatening.
Trainees will be assessed on the understanding of new knowledge and the ability to apply the newly acquired skill on the roads.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
• Explain the legal requirement in regard to commuting at work
• Identify, assess hazards while driving and control measure
• Acquire safe and correct skill and technique about defensive driving
• Understand on the proper ways to maintain vehicle
• Defensive Driving Principles
• Accidents and Death Statistics
• Types of Braking
• Today’s Vehicle Technologies
• Pull Push Steering
• Hazard Identification and Control on the Road
• System of Vehicle Controlled
• Reaction and following distance
• Skid Control
• Emergency Braking Accident Avoidance for ABS and non-ABS vehicle
• Basic Vehicle Maintenance (Power Checklist)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Safety and Health Committees
• Employees or personnel in Transportation and Logistics work area.
• Anyone who are interested